Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hippity-Hop...FIRST STOP!

I can't believe how quickly this day arrived! Welcome to your first stop on the Simply Betty Stamps Release Party Blog Hop! If you've just popped in, we are kicking off the Grand Opening of Simply Betty Stamps today, by featuring the "My Kids Emo World" line on each of the SBS Design Team members' blogs! The best part? FREE STAMPS!
By participating in today's Blog Hop,leaving a comment on each of the SBS DT blogs, you will be entered for a chnace to win ALL 6 of the Emo Kids stamps! Each stamp will come to you in deeply-eteched red rubber, skill sawed and mounted on EZ-Mount cushion. I am super impressed with the quality my friends, and I have thousands of stamps!
Purchased a pre-order stamp, or two, or all 6? Not to worry...if your name is chosen to win, your money will be refunded for any/all stamps you purchased, and you too, will recieve all 6 images for FREE! :)
So, let's get this party started...
I'd like to present to you,the whole gang of Emo kids, confidently struttin' their stuff on a white, Shrinky Dink bracelet!

I colored each image in using prisma markers, scanned in the original images and printed them out onto white Shrinky Dink material for InkJet Printers. After each image was cut out, I punched a 1/8" hole on their tops and shrunk 'em down in my oven at 300 degrees for 3 minutes.
When they little darlings were done cooling, I used a variety of Blue Moon beads and findings to create this bracelet for Betty! I thought this would be the perfect way to commemorate her company's beginning! Here are a few close-ups:





I know that the projects the other members have in store have my own creative juices flowing, so leave a comment here, and then hop on over to your next stop in the hop, Amy's blog:

Amy: A Thousand Sheets of Paper

Good luck to you all and thank you so much for celebrating with us, today! Hip-Hop Hooray!
Hugs and HOOTS,
<3 Alicia

43 comments:

  1. woow that is great, what a perfect design ! Hugs Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is such a clever and cool idea! WOW.
    Kristy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant project so different.
    ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is just amazing!! Your coloring is fabulous and what a perfect gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so cool and the colors you used look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW WOW WoW - love the whole idea - everything about it is just FABULOUS.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! i love this, such an awesome idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful and creative way to showcase these new images!:) Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW! What a great gift! I love how you made these. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Charms Alicia, so smart!!! I'm so excited to hop on through Betty's new stamps! I'm on TBD DT so I know how excited you all are! I'm now following your blog so I don't miss anything:) Great start to the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is fantastic! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg wow this is totally amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uhm yeah - I LOVE IT! I would never have thought of making a charm bracelet this way. Absolutely awesome Alicia. The images lend themselves perfectly to this project. It's definitely a winner and a fantastic way to commemorate the first line of Simply Betty Stamps - woohooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool idea!! I love the bracelet and I'm sure Betty will too. What a great way for her to remember where she started.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute. I love this idea. I am going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute! I love that Shrinky Dink idea too! I'm going to have to try it! Good luck with the Grand Opening!

    Jessica
    jesyca34@yahoo.com
    http://scrapobsesswithjess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it I have some of the Shrinky Dink but just havent had time to play with it I love it.
    ~Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alicia, this is off-the-hook creative and so freakin cool looking! I may just have to lift this idea to make my own cool bracelet... thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh this is brilliant!!!
    Beautiful bracelet Alicia!!!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's official: You are the Queen of Polyshrink!!!! And I'm going to have to fly out to Cali for a lesson, because this is one technique/product I haven't been able to make friends with.
    The bracelet is so cool. What a genius idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. [shrieking with delight] Oooooh Betty will LOVE this. How very very cool! I love what you've done with all the images. Wow!! Color me impressed!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a clever idea! Love it x can't wait to receive my stamps to have a play x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cool idea! I have yet to stamp on Shrinky Dink.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How totally freakin awesome is this? And me with recently purchased shrinky dinks in the craft room...and these stamps already pre-ordered!!! Woo hoo! I think a neat prezzie for one of my nieces will be made very shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing gift for someone. love the shades of blue you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Alicia, lol i couldnt find your email addy so thought would reply here, the distress inks I used for Londons hair are antique linen and frayed burlap.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Holy smokes, this is the coolest bracelet ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is totaly awesome!!!! I will have to take a look at your leasson on it. Thank You for taking time to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so cool. I love the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a cool bracelet! the emo kids are so awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! I love these stamps and your cool project! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your bracelet, (love your celtic tattoo), can't wait to get my hands on those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What an awesome bracelet ! I would never have thought to do that but THANKS for the inspiration ! I am going to stalk my mailbox until my stamps arrive as they are so COOL !

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the bracelet and the Emo Kids are fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMG OMG! I can't find the right words other than OMG OMG! Alicia I am going to treasure this for the rest of my life! It's just so awesome!!

    Hugs,

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  36. Really a different project. Cute........
    Sandy Bayles
    E-Mail: davidbayles@sprintmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is the coolest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a great idea - you did super!

    DianeL
    loyaz1@wbhsi.net

    ReplyDelete